Ashley Madison Review: Is It A Good Site For Sugar Dating?
Ashley Madison isn’t only about affairs—a lot of people looking for benefactors/sugar babies note that it’s actually one of the best sites for discreet sugar dating. But what exactly does the company offer? Is Ashley Madison worth it? You’ll find the answers in our Ashley Madison review.
Who are the members of Ashley Madison? Here are some statistics:
- Ashley Madison has over 24 million members from the USA
- The majority of female users are 24-34 y.o.
- There are more men than women on this site, yet it has millions of active users
Hence, there are more men on the site, which makes Ashley Madison stand out—most sugar dating platforms have more female accounts.
All adult users can sign up in just a few minutes. So, how does Ashley Madison work? Here are the steps to create an account:
- Enter an email address, provide some details like name, marital status, date of birth, and location
- Activate your profile using the code sent to your email
- Create a profile information, upload a photo (optional, the picture is checked by moderators)
After you create an account, you can use search and browse other members’ profiles.
Search & Filters
There are two types of search on the site:
- Basic search with the following filters: age range, location (Search within), last login, type of matches, with private photos, with public photos, new members
- Extended search with the following filters: body type, height, ethnic background, languages, limits (types of relationships)
Note that the team deletes all the suspicious accounts and profiles that violate the rules of the community.
Profiles, however, are not too detailed. They contain the following information:
- Profile heading
- About me (in most cases, a short self-description)
- Vitals (gender, looking for, age, height, weight, language, ethnicity)
- Interests and desires (options chosen by a user)
Still, in most cases, members get enough information to understand if contacting a particular user they found on the site makes sense or not.
There are a few ways to contact others on Ashley Madison:
- Send winks
- Add to Favorites (a user will be notified)
- Sending emails
Sending winks and adding to Favorites is free, and messaging is a premium feature, at least for male members (ladies can use the site for free).
Prices & Free options
So, messaging, as well as boosting a profile, sending virtual gifts and emails are the premium features, while winks and Favorites are free of charge. But what else can Standard, non-paying members do on the site?
- Sign up
- Browse profiles, view public photos
- Use advanced search
- Use the Discreet picture feature
What if you want to upgrade and start to use premium features? In this case, you’ll need to buy Ashley Madison credits. The prices are as follows:
- 100 credits—59.99 USD (0.60 USD per credit)
- 500 credits—169.99 USD (0.34 USD per credit)
- 1,000 credits—289.99 USD (0.29 USD per credit)
Generally speaking, Ashley Madison cost falls under the category of mid-range websites.
Is Ashley Madison real? If you’ve read some Ashley Madison reviews or read the newspapers in 2015 probably know about the data leak. Since then, the company has significantly improved the security system of the site, and started to use the top software in the market to protect members’ privacy. Considering that there were no problems with the site during the last 6 years and that the number of members is constantly growing, the team of Ashley Madison solved the problem and took the security and privacy protection to the new level.